What business leaders are saying:
“In my business, there’s a tendency to adopt a chaotic mind-set. Tai Chi brings immediate benefits in terms of concentration, relaxation, and physical and mental balance. And it takes no equipment, isn’t costly, and doesn’t take that much time.”
– Jerel Brager, institutional bond salesman, Morgan Stanley Dean Witter
What do the CTO of Twitter, the CEO of AOL, Will Smith, and Oprah all have in common? Aside from the fact that they all lead highly productive but stressful lives? They all regularly practice tai chi!
Investor’s Business Daily is calling tai chi the newest trend among busy executives. Known for its unique stress-busting abilities, tai chi also has many documented health benefits: It has been shown to lower blood pressure, decrease pain, improve sleep, and even help reverse diabetes.
However, it is its ability to teach one to “let go” and “live in the moment” that makes tai chi such a powerful tool for high-stress, type A executives. Tai chi and qigong impart numerous mental as well as physiological benefits. The cultivation of inner calm the practice of tai chi confers extends far beyond the exercise session.
Many executives with tight schedules find private on-site tai chi sessions most efficient. Focus Tai Chi’s executive program is adapted to today’s busy executives but maintains all the same health and longevity benefits associated with traditional tai chi.
“Tai chi gives me a stronger focus, better crisis management skills, and it controls my asthma so that I’m off my medications.”
– Elizabeth Holmes, business manager, Boston food processing company
Unlike other exercise programs that require a clothing change (or even a shower), a corporate tai chi program requires no special clothing or equipment and can be performed in a small quiet area.
Focus Tai Chi’s executive program offers
- One-hour on-site private instruction, weekly, based on your schedule.
- A shortened tai chi form that retains all the traditional footwork and stances but can be performed in a small space and in a short amount of time.
- A customized series of warm-up exercises designed to release tension in the body and mind.
- Several 60-second and 5-minute tai chi/qigong exercises to target relief, focus, and stamina.
- A custom-tailored program based upon your unique needs, health habits, and environment.
Main benefits include
- Better mental clarity and stamina
- Better focus
- Sharper decision making skills
- Increased energy
- Enhanced ability to endure stress
- Heighted creativity
- Boost in productivity
- Edge on the competition
- Numerous health benefits
Top Executives Who Practice Tai Chi
The problem with the kind of jobs we have is that there is no knob to dial down – Gopi Kallayil, Marketing Manager, Google
“I work in a high-stress environment – turning around a major Fortune 400 corporation. Stress tends to disperse one’s energy. I have found that tai chi enhances one’s focus. My family notices when I practice.” – Jonathan Miller, CEO, AOL
Greg Pass, Twitter’s chief technology officer, teaches tai chi in the company’s office and exhorts incoming employees to “pay attention” and live in the present moment. – Financial Times, 2010
“Terremark Chairman/CEO Manuel Medina believes that practicing Tai Chi is his key to success.” – Forbes, 2010
Keith is available for speaking engagements. He is also accepting a very limited number of private students. To find out more, please contact us here.